Senior Engineer (Modern Workplace) at IT Lab, Cape Town
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
A core part of our business is our Cape Town operations centre from which we provide 24/7 support to our predominantly UK based clients and their global operations via a 1st – 3rd line service desk, 365 days per year. This operation is planned to expand significantly in the coming years. This expansion is to not only accommodate growth in our service desk, but also an expanding remit to broaden our local service capability.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Support Engineer to join our Customer Success Delivery (CSD) Modern Workplace team in our Cape Town Office. Relevant experience, the ability to learn quickly, communicate well at all levels, work with 100% commitment and contribute to the success of our existing team of dedicated professionals is vital.
The key deliverables of a Senior Support Services Engineer are to provide technical support to end users. This can include incidents; problems; requests or change control depending on the requirements of any of our customers. The engineer must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as exceptional analytical and technical skills and continually look to improve on this. In addition, they need to collaborate with the entire operations team with positive communication and sharing of knowledge and information.
Duties and responsibilities:
- o answer calls through Microsoft Teams and attempt first call resolution,
- o confirm and capture accurate information.
- Take ownership of tickets assigned to you or your relevant ticket queue within the required agreed SLA’s
- Triage incoming tickets to incidents or requests within the ITSM toolset.
- Prioritise and manage several open tickets at one time.
- Apply extreme attention to detail.
- Assert effective troubleshooting skills related to your relevant area of support.
- Take ownership of technical escalation.
- Contribute to and improve internal knowledgebase assets.
- Refer to internal knowledgebase, assets, internal/external resources to provide accurate solution.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to clients.
- Direct unresolved issues to technical specialist
Required skills and capabilities
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Excellent soft skills in the form of team working, problem solving and communication.
- A keen self-starter who can evidence excellent customer service and can collaborate effectively.
Essential Technical experience:
- Microsoft Exchange Online administration
- Microsoft SharePoint Online administration
- Microsoft Teams administration
- Microsoft Azure AD administration
- Microsoft Office 365 administration
Desired technical experience:
- Microsoft Server administration
- Microsoft Exchange on premise administration
- Microsoft SharePoint on premise administration
- Microsoft Intune administration
- Microsoft Conditional Access and Compliance administration
- Microsoft RDS/WVD knowledge
- Citrix/app virtualisation understanding
Location and environment
This role will be based in our beautiful Century City Office in Cape Town; however, you will work amongst a team split across London, Cape Town, and Manchester offices. Our culture is non-hierarchical and one which stems from a work hard but have fun environment. We like to laugh, we like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast-paced business, we endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form.
- Working hours will be 40-45 hours a week per week between 9am-6pm (based on UK time)
- Base Package dependent on experience
- 22 days’ annual leave
- Access to a medical aid and pension scheme
- Rewarded for additional IT related study
- Opportunity to be a part of a large group of experienced Engineers, for you to grow and develop your skills and experience
- Free breakfast daily, lunches paid for on Friday (and a whole array of other benefits!)
- Working for an established London based employer with predominantly UK based clients
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.