PMO Implementation Engineer at IT Lab, London
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed service provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
We are looking for an experienced Implementation Engineer to join our dynamic and fast-growing Project management team, working from our London Office.
The key deliverables of an implementation engineer are to provide technical delivery of Infrastructure projects to the IT Lab client base and to also as required provide technical support and guidance to end user and colleagues. The implementation team which this role forms part of, is also an advisory and escalation function and will be called upon to assist with project scoping, client onboarding (technical audits), third line support tickets and client documentation. The engineer must possess excellent verbal communication skills in addition to exceptional attention to detail and excellent written and technical documentation skills.
Duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Working under the guidance of the Project Management Office (PMO), be responsible for the delivery, or part delivery of Infrastructure related projects as per customer requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring successful delivery, sign off and hand over to support services post project.
- Ensuring all documentation and network diagrams are accurately completed\updated\created including the maintaining of asset information and configurations
- Allocating and logging time to tasks and projects in an accurate and detailed manner
- Take ownership of allocated projects and professionally manage them through to resolution\conclusion
- Manage incidents, problems and changes through ticket management system as required.
- Implement (or assist to implement), troubleshoot, maintain and support a wide range of systems (incl. but not limited to):
- Server OS: Windows Server 2012, 2016 & 2019 We support some Linux and Apple server operating systems.
- Cloud technologies: Both Azure and private cloud
- Microsoft 365 & Office 365
- Server hardware: Dell and HP predominantly and making use of DRAC and iLO out of bands management cards.
- Server virtualization: HyperV & VMWare
- Networking : Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Wireless: Fortigate, Draytek, Sonicwall, Juniper, Cisco, Meraki
- Workstation Hardware and software: We support all desktop operating systems as well as workstation hardware.
- In addition, all versions of Exchange, any Anti-Virus , Spam filtering and Backup products.
- Contribute fully as an active team member and ensure personal and team objectives are achieved
- Undertake other tasks as assigned by management that may not necessarily be implementation or project centric.
- Ability to create technical documentation.
- Act as an ambassador for IT Lab at all times.
Required skills and capabilities
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Have attained or working towards at least 2 relevant accreditations (MSCE, CCNA, VCP, or similar)
- Demonstrate good implementation skills and knowledge in the following: Servers, Virtualisation, Citrix, Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Internet connectivity, LAN/WAN deployment.
- Flexibility to work weekends and other out of hours duties as required
- Extensive knowledge and working experience within an IT environment and familiarity with common OS and platforms
- Ability to interpret infrastructure requirements
- Initiative and capability to identify and recommend and project management methodologies
- Effective time and diary management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to listen and interpret customer needs
- Ability to work well within team, supporting other team members
- Calm but positive and responsive under pressure
- Honest, responsible, diligent, organised and knowledgeable
- Willingness to gain relevant qualifications and accreditations
- Package dependent on experience
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Continual professional development plans
- Working hours of 40 hours per week, between the hours of 7am – 7pm (Monday – Friday)
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.