Field Engineer - Milton Keynes at IT Lab, Remote
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed service provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
The key deliverables of a Field Engineer are to provide technical delivery of IT projects, incidents and requests to a single large IT Lab client based around the Milton Keynes area (with regular travel to Bicester) and to also as required provide technical support and guidance to end users and colleagues.
The Field Engineering Team which this role forms part of a team supporting a major infrastructure project between Leamington Spa in the north and Great Missenden in the south.
• Working under the guidance of the operations team be responsible for the delivery, or part delivery of infrastructure related projects tasks, incidents and functional support as per customer requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring successful delivery, sign off and hand over to support services post project.
• Ensuring all documentation and network diagrams are accurately completed\updated\created including the maintaining of asset information and configurations.
• Allocating and logging time to tasks and projects in an accurate and detailed manner.
• Take ownership of allocated projects and tasks and professionally manage them through to resolution\conclusion.
• Manage incidents, problems and changes through ticket management system as required.
• Take part in implementation of, troubleshoot, maintain and support a wide range of systems (incl. but not limited to):
o Cloud technologies: Microsoft Intune, SCCM, Azure and private cloud.
o Productivity applications: Microsoft 365 & Office 365, Print solutions and bespoke client software.
o Networking, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Wireless: Fortigate, Cisco, Meraki.
o Workstation Hardware and software: We support all desktop operating systems as well as workstation hardware.
o Peripherals; printers, access points, etc.
• Contribute fully as an active team member and ensure personal and team objectives are achieved
• Undertake other tasks as assigned by management that may not necessarily be implementation or project centric.
• Ability to create technical documentation.
• Act as an ambassador for IT Lab and the client always.
• Be prepared to travel to several client locations within a large and rural area.
Required skills and capabilities
The ideal candidate will:
• Have attained or working towards at least 2 relevant accreditations (MSCE, CCNA, VCP, or similar).
• Demonstrate good implementation skills and knowledge in the following: Cloud, Routers, Switches, Internet connectivity, LAN/WAN deployment.
• Must be willing to take ownership of all IT queries and manage, with other parties, through to completion.
• Flexibility to work weekends and other out of hours duties as required.
• Excellent trouble shooting skills.
• Extensive knowledge and working experience within an IT environment and familiarity with common OS and platforms.
• Ability to interpret infrastructure requirements.
• Initiative and capability to identify and recommend and project management methodologies.
• Experience in the construction industry is not essential but will be an advantage.
• Must be practical and able to mount monitors, access points, etc; training will be provided where suitable.
• A full clean UK driving licence and willingness to travel to remote sites over a large area.
• Regular drug and alcohol testing will be required as part of this role.
• BPSS and DBS checks will be required as part of this role; this will be sponsored by IT Lab.
Generic essential individual attributes:
• Excellent organisational and planning skills.
• Effective time and diary management skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to listen and interpret customer needs.
• Ability to work well within team, supporting other team members.
• Ability to learn quickly.
• Calm but positive and responsive under pressure.
• Ability to liaise with all levels of customers and interpret and provide information in a logical and meaningful manner.
• Honest, responsible, diligent, organised and knowledgeable.
• Needs to uphold IT Lab’s brand when onsite which includes personal conduct and attire to suit the environment.
• Willingness to gain relevant qualifications and accreditations.
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.