Field Support Services Engineer at IT Lab, Remote
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers. We operate out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and via our global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
An opportunity has arisen for a Second Line Support Engineer to join the on-site team, providing unparalleled service excellence to our base of over 400 clients and 13,000 end users across the UK.
The key deliverables of a Field On-site Support Services Engineer are to provide technical support to end users to clients nationally. This can include incidents; problems; requests or change control or small projects depending on the requirements of any of our customers. The engineer must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as exceptional analytical and technical skills and continually look to improve on this. In addition, they need to collaborate with the entire operations team with positive communication and sharing of knowledge and information. The Field On-site Support Services Engineer may work on their own or as part of a small team representing the values and objectives of IT Lab, often covering for engineers on leave or for sickness. The Field On-site Support Services Engineer will need to be in a position to stay away from home for prolonged periods, should it be required and also with extended travel to cover sites via public transport. Travel will be predominantly in the South and West of England.
- Respond appropriately and deal with queries or complaints in an effective manner (i.e. punctual; polite and with empathy).
- Take ownership of tickets allocated to them or their relevant Virtual team (“VT”) ticket queue and professionally manage them through to resolution or escalation.
- Ask targeted questions and apply accurate troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with other teams to maintain standards and functionality.
- Utilise excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations.
- Report potential client facing risks.
- Maintain a personal development plan with Line management.
- Undertake any other tasks as assigned by management.
- Availability during your shift hours (which may incur shift & desk rotation).
- Troubleshoot, maintain and support a wide range of systems.
- Ensure Service level agreements (“SLAs”) are met.
- Telephony: Answer overflow calls and attempt first call resolution. Confirm and capture accurate information.
- Prioritise and manage several open tickets at one time.
- Apply extreme attention to detail.
- Effective troubleshooting skills related to your relevant area of support.
- Take ownership of technical escalation.
Required skills and capabilities
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience of providing IT Support in a commercial environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience supporting:
- Microsoft Exchange
- Active Directory
- Office 365
- Windows Servers (full range)
- Server Virtualisation (HyperV / VMWare)
- Local Area Networking
- Symantec Products
- Cisco LAN/WAN (routers, switches, ASAs)
- Routing / switching equipment including, but not limited to, Cisco, Dell, HP switches, routers and firewalls
- Citrix ( XenApp/XenDesktop)
- Formal IT qualification, ideally MCSE/MCITP or multiple MCPs massively advantageous
- Excellent technical ability in one or more key virtual team areas
- Very good technical understanding of current leading technologies, suppliers and industry terminology
- Able to prioritise under pressure and work to deadlines
- Excellent Decision making, judgement, planning and organisation skills
- Flexible, calm and approachable, ‘can do’ attitude
- Solid customer relations skills to understand client/client representatives concerns and requirements
- Ability to work well within team, supporting other team members
- Willingness to gain relevant qualifications and accreditation's
- Working hours will be 40 hours a week during standard business hours (Monday – Friday, rotational shifts between 7am – 7pm UK time)
- Offices located in Russell Square though the successful candidate will be providing on-site support to clients across South / West England
- Package dependent on experience
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Opportunity to be a part of a large group of experienced Support Engineers, for you to grow and develop your skills and experience
- Continual professional development plans
- Excellent benefits!
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.