Talent Scout at IT Lab, Cape Town
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
Following the completion of a significant equity investment in June 2016, our strategy is to continue to deliver significant growth, both organically and through acquisition, evolving our proposition and positioning to reach a broader target audience.
With IT Lab’s continued growth, we now have a requirement for a Technical Recruiter/Talent Scout to join the team on a permanent basis working from our Cape Town offices.
Working in a small internal team, reporting to the Talent Manager, the Technical Recruiter/Talent Scout will manage the full 360 recruitment cycle (including post job analysis) for a number of vacancies across the business. Duties and responsibilities:
- Generate recruitment plans with Hiring Managers in line with the company’s critical path guidelines and file centrally
- Create job adverts in accordance with marketing best practise guidelines for attraction optimisation
- Conduct initial telephone qualification interviews and confirm the next stages of recruitment process
- Organise interviews with Hiring Managers
- Attend relevant external recruitment/talent training sessions to ensure knowledge is kept up to date
- Decide on the relevant recruitment channels for each role assigned to you by the Talent Manager ensuring you are keeping a firm eye on each team’s budget
- When necessary work alongside our PSL agencies in both the UK and Cape Town
- Manage the offer process for your vacancies - pull together and distribute information for the new-hire approval process ensuring we are obtaining approval from the relevant people before making an offer. Be on hand for any negotiations or follow up discussions that may need to take place.
- Search passively for talent via social media networks, CV databases, networking meetings, LinkedIn etc.
- Provide content for regular marketing activities for the Talent Pooled candidates
- Answer any queries that come into the talent mailbox relating to Cape Town
- Ensure you are obtaining references for any new employees recruited into the business for your roles
- Attend regular team meetings and contribute with recommendations, previous experience and on the job intelligence
- Be a point of contact for candidates from offer acceptance to start date
Background, Experience and Skills
The successful candidate should have:
- Previous experience within agency and/or in-house recruitment positions (full 360 process) – 12 months of this would ideally be within the IT sector
- Knowledge of employment eligibility (particularly in the South African market)
- Experience of working with Applicant tracking Systems (ATS)/ Candidate Management Systems (CMS)
- Demonstrable experience of using MS packages - Word & Excel in particular
- Excellent verbal and written English language communication skills
- Proven Negotiation skills
- Flexible approach to working – you will be working amongst a team split across Cape Town and the UK (Manchester and London) and so we need someone able to work autonomously and on their own initiative
Package and Logistics
- Package dependent on experience
- Working hours will be 40-45 hours per week (Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8am and 6pm – based on UK time)
- Offices located in Century City (Cape Town)
- 22 days’ annual leave
- Free breakfast daily, lunches paid for on Friday (and a whole array of other benefits!)
- Working for an established London based employer
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.