Support Services Team Manager at IT Lab, Cape Town
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
A core part of our business is our Cape Town operations centre from which we provide 24/7 support to our predominantly UK based clients and their global operations via a 1st – 3rd line service desk, 365 days per year. This operation is planned to expand significantly in the coming years. This expansion is to not only accommodate growth in our service desk, but also an expanding remit to broaden our local service capability.
Because of this, we now have a need for an additional Support Team Manager to join our Support Services team in Cape Town.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, as Team Manager you will be responsible for managing and supporting a team of around 10 - 15 IT Engineers who are based across multiple small dedicated remote service desks.
The primary purpose is:
- Customer Satisfaction: To drive excellence both personally and as a leader exhibiting the highest standards of diligence in all communication with external and internal customers at all levels.
- Leadership: To provide guidance, instruction and direction to everyone in the team to achieve set KPIs and exhibit service obsession in every element of your work at IT Lab.
- Management: To monitor the quantitative and qualitative outputs of the team and provide targeted development initiatives to raise performance.
- Employee Satisfaction: To coordinate team building, ensuring teamwork and overall mentorship of everyone in the team and providing an empowering environment that is a platform for people to perform at their optimum.
- Accountability: Operational process support
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort;
- Ensure that Customer Satisfaction is maintained and expectations delivered per SLA requirements;
- Monitoring team outputs and ensuring Quality Assurance remains in focus;
- Demonstrate an ability to influence, collaborate and to think abstractly;
- Facilitate problem solving, make quick and effective decisions and collaboration;
- Showcase good interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively manage others to complete tasks;
- Demonstrate solid customer relations skills to understand customer concerns and requirements;
- Actively look for ways to improve service and initiating them or bringing them to the attention of others.
- Initiation of meetings with stakeholders to resolve issues or collaborate when required;
- Documenting Appraisal meetings with each direct report a minimum of twice annually;
- Delivery of clear and effective communication with a customer focus, in written and verbal formats;
- Engagement with customers and internal customer representatives with regards to operational deliverables;
- Taking an active interest in learning about customer’s environments and services offered to customers.
- Demonstrate a high degree of people/relationship management focus and an ability to deal with an administrative workload;
- Coach and help develop team members;
- Active management of resource productivity;
- Successful completion of applicable technical or service centric certification exams;
- Playing an active role in CSI initiatives to drive improvements at all levels in relation to people, process and product;
- Excellent major incident management skills;
- Ability to understand contractual requirements and service delivery principles.
- An understanding of current IT systems, applications and solutions;
- Verbal communication – professional phone manner and ability to match the customer’s style/level of communication;
- Written communication – ability to write professional emails and document knowledge clearly and concisely;
- Calm but positive and responsive under pressure.
- An industry standard technical qualification (MCSE, CCNA or equivalent);
- ITIL foundation certification and/or experience working with ITIL methodologies;
- Previous experience managing a team within a technical support environment;
- Previous experience of working in an IT outsource/service company and being exposed to a Service Desk/Remote Support environment.
Location and environment
This role will be based in our beautiful offices in Century City, Cape Town, however you will work within the wider Support Services Team that operates both remotely and in London, Manchester and Woking (UK).
Our culture is non-hierarchical and one which stems from hardworking but fun environment. We like to laugh, we like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast-paced business, we endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form.
If you think you are a result oriented, positive, strategic thinker as well as tactical practitioner, then the Lab is the place for you.
- Package dependant on experience
- 22 days’ annual leave
- Access to a medical aid and pension scheme
- Working for an established London based employer with predominantly UK based clients
- Working Hours of 40-45 hours per week (7am-7pm- based on UK hours)
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.