Service Operations Process Manager at IT Lab, Cape Town
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
A core part of our business is our Cape Town operations centre from which we provide 24/7 support to our predominantly UK based clients and their global operations via a 1st – 3rd line service desk, 365 days per year. This operation is planned to expand significantly in the coming years. This expansion is to not only accommodate growth in our service desk, but also an expanding remit to broaden our local service capability.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Service Operations Process Manager to join our Business Systems and Process team in our Cape Town office.
The Service Operations Process Manager is responsible for owning and developing all processes used by the business to deliver Services, this includes ITIL process such as Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge, Service Request and Configuration Management. The Process team, reporting into the Service Operations Process Manger, will execute key processes such as Major Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management and will ensure all agreed KPI’s and/or OLA’s are met.
The role sets process standards, and both owns and produces required policy, processes and the underlying procedures/work instructions/standard operating procedures. Responsible for driving continuous improvements across all process (in partnership with other teams, such as Service Delivery).
A key part of the Service Design and Transition Process, the Service Operations Process Manager (and their team) will also engage in pre-sales and Service Transition activities to ensure that all existing and new customers have the correct service models and processes in place.
The Service Operations Process Manager will mentor the Process team regarding both IT Service Management concepts and process standards (e.g. BPMN) and will provide guidance to other teams as required to champion excellence is process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and guidance to a team of Process/Service Analysts across all ITIL lifecycle processes
- Line Management of Service Operations Process Team Leaders
- Monitor staff performance and evaluate employee efficiency
- Ensure all Service Operations Processes are properly documented, up to date and maintained in a suitable repository so that they are available to all support teams and stakeholders
- Document processes in line with industry standards such as BPMN
- Pro-actively identify and deliver operational process improvements through various channels, such as analysis of operating data and statistics
- Ensure the Service Operations Process team execute all areas of operational process in their responsibility, within OLA/to agreed KPI’s (e.g. execution of Major Incident Management process)
- Report on team performance, and organisation process compliance at all levels within the business
- Interface with Service Transition to ensure all new customers have the correct operating model and the right process.
- Resource and capacity management
- Existing and future resource requirements
- Skills demand and requirements
- Drive the team to maintain and exceed customer experience and satisfaction levels
- Customer engagement both proactive and reactive – i.e. actively engage in Major Incidents when senior escalation is required
- Ensure that the business is operated to the highest standards in line with the mission statement and values
Location and environment
This role will be based in our beautiful Century City offices in Cape Town; however, you will work amongst a wider team split across client sites, London, Cape Town and Manchester offices. Our culture is non-hierarchical and one which stems from a work hard but have fun environment. We like to laugh, we like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast-paced business, we endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form.
Required skills and capabilities
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Previous experience in a similar service operations/service delivery/service management role within a Service Provider/Managed Services or Service Integrator type business
- Minimum ITIL practitioner/ intermediate certification (or equivalent experience) Expert would be a distinct advantage
- Developed experience in mapping and improving ITIL/Service Management processes
- Service Design/architecture experience would be an advantage
- Experience of leading medium to large size teams of people, ideally in a multi-national environment
- Process focussed along with a proven track record of interpreting operational data to drive Continual Service Improvement initiatives (CSI)
- Have sound experience and vision on how the IT Service industry is moving:
- How users consume services and how they want to interact with the Service Desk & Desk Side Support
- Technology and tools (ITSM, RMM, Call Centre, Knowledgebase, Resource Management etc)
- Industry standards (e.g. ITIL, Agile, COBIT, Service Desk Institute)
- Confident managing stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to understand contractual and service requirements
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, communicating clearly and concisely
- Customer service orientated, facilitating customer feedback and concerns to drive service improvement initiatives Positive and proactive approach at every level and under pressure
- Positive and proactive approach at every level and under pressure
- Working hours will be 40 to 45 hours a week during standard business hours (Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm/8am-5pm UK time)
- Offices located in Century City (Cape Town)
- Package dependent on experience
- 22 days’ annual leave
- Continual professional development plans
- Free breakfast daily, lunches paid for on Friday (and a whole array of other benefits!)
- Working for an established London based employer with predominantly UK based clients
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.