Incident Analyst at IT Lab, Cape Town
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
A core part of our business is our Cape Town operations centre from which we provide 24/7 support to our predominantly UK based clients and their global operations via a 1st – 3rd line service desk, 365 days per year. This operation is planned to expand significantly in the coming years. This expansion is to not only accommodate growth in our service desk, but also an expanding remit to broaden our local service capability.
An opportunity has arisen for an Incident Analyst to join the Business Systems & Process team in our Cape Town office.
Working as a key member of an Incident Management team, you will perform Incident Management functions across multiple clients and technologies. You will be ensuring that incidents are managed within the relevant service level metrics, as well as handle any customer or internal prioritisation or escalation, as required. You will often take control of Incidents to facilitate the resolution/workaround of the Incident in a timely manner and ensuring excellent levels of service throughout by means of accurate, targeted and timely communications.
Reporting to the Lead Incident Manager, the key deliverables of our Incident Analyst can be summarised as follows:
- Working within a process management team structure consisting of other ITIL disciplines such as Problem, Knowledge and Change Management
- Assist and guide other team members where required
- Contribute and identify process gaps and improvements
- Review of all Incidents logged in relation to data quality (classification; prioritisation; ticket details; etc) & ensuring service quality is maintained
- Continual review of all support engineer’s queues to ensure incidents progress towards resolution
- Ensure compliance with published processes, guidelines, OLA’s and SLA’s
- Effective complaint handling where required in accordance with set processes and procedures
- Working with the various functions within IT ab and within suppliers/vendors to deliver end-to-end service to clients
- Identification and detection of possible Problems and raising them as Problem Records
- Identification and detection of possible business Critical Impacting Incidents, invoking and managing the Critical Incident Process including running Critical Incident meetings and provision of updates to the customer, IT Lab Management and other stakeholders where required
- Input into the process, suggesting areas for improvement as part of Continuous Service Improvement
If you think you are a result oriented, positive, strategic thinker as well as tactical practitioner, then the Lab is the place for you.
- Natural organiser and process driven
- Experience in an Incident Manager role, ideally in a Managed Services Environment
- Previous experience of working on or with an IT Service Desk and experience in a customer engagement role
- Demonstrable customer management / service skills
- Previous experience of working in a highly pressurised office
- Strong written/verbal English communication skills
- Good MS Excel/reporting package experience
- An appreciation for understanding how to deliver against service expectations (customer service)
- Ability to distinguish between different IT technologies
- Ability to work well within a team
- Minimum ITIL foundation certified
- Minimum of one Tier 2 ITIL Certification
- Ability to influence those who you do not directly manage
- Ability to listen and interpret both the requirements of internal IT Lab representatives as well as customers
- Verbal communication – professional phone manner and ability to match the customer’s style/level of communication
- Written communication – ability to write professional emails and document knowledge clearly and concisely
- Attention to detail (i.e. ticket data accuracy; identifying gaps in process)
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions
- Calm but positive and responsive under pressure
- Honest, responsible, diligent, organised and knowledgeable
- Ability to promote team moral
- Working hours will be 40 to 45 hours a week during standard business hours (Monday – Friday, rotational shifts between 7am – 7pm UK time)
- Offices locating in Century City (Cape Town)
- Package depending on experience
- 22 days’ annual leave
- Opportunity to be a part of a large group of experienced Support Engineers, for you to grow and develop your skills and experience
- Continual professional development plans
- Free breakfast daily, lunches paid for on Friday (and a whole array of other benefits!)
- Working for an established London based employer with predominantly UK based clients
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.