People and Talent Coordinator at IT Lab, London
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
Following the completion of a significant equity investment in June 2016, our strategy is to continue to deliver significant growth, both organically and through acquisition, evolving our proposition and positioning to reach a broader target audience.
We now have a requirement for an experienced People and Talent Coordinator to join our People and Talent team in London.
The key deliverables of the People and Talent Coordinator are to engage with the local Managers to help them continue to enhance the IT Lab culture. They will also act as a link between the remote and onsite HR Management teams and all of our employees. Typical daily duties will be HR related and helping to ensure the smooth running of the function.
Generic duties and responsibilities:
- Creating statutory people management documentation from templates (employee contracts, ensuring background checks are conducted, drafting offer letters, performance appraisals etc.)
- Organisation and running of inductions for all new London starters including new account set ups
- Assisting with the benefit processes and liaising with benefit providers such as pension, medical insurance, childcare vouchers, gym etc.;
- Provide advice on all HR Queries or issues (Benefits queries/ performance/ disciplinary/ current policies and processes)
- Assisting with the payroll processes; gathering and inputting data;
- Manage the HR systems relating to the local office ensuring all is kept up to date (currently CIPHR)
- Event management (Ability to present new training to employees and managers)
- Ensuring the leavers process is followed including conducting exit interviews and producing leaver letters.
- Assisting with any adhoc projects that arise;
- Conduct weekly, monthly, quarterly management reports as requested
- Manage local office communications
- Supporting with the administration of the annual appraisal process by collecting and tracking appraisals and distribution of compensation statements
- Manage the distribution of post coming into the department and issuing to the appropriate individuals
- Ensure the safe disposal of confidential information
- Be responsible for monthly updates of your organization charts
- HR documentation
- Absence management
- Attending HR Meetings with the wider People and Talent Team
- Analysing HR trends and recommending actions for improvements
- General HR admin tasks
- Working with the wider People and Talent team on all initiatives
Location and environment
This role will be based in Russell Square in London; however, you will work amongst a wider People and Talent team that is split across our Manchester, Cape Town and London offices.
Our culture is non-hierarchical and one which stems from a work hard, but have fun environment. We like to laugh, we like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast-paced business, we endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form.
If you think you are an enthusiastic and process driven Administrator/Coordinator keen to take on a fast-paced role and make it your own, then the Lab is the place for you!
Background, Experience and Skills
The successful candidate should have/be:
- Previous work experience in a similar role (HR Administrator, HR Coordinator)
- Experience of working in a company of around 450- 500 people, preferably within the IT Services industry
- Qualification equivalent: HR Management diploma or working towards preferred
- Strong computer literacy in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook
- Can adapt to a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Thrives under pressure with an ability to juggle changing responsibilities;
- Demonstrates professionalism and is astute
- Happy to work in environment with a strong culture
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- A naturally happy disposition, high energy
- Calm but positive and responsive under pressure
- Honest, responsible, diligent, organised and knowledgeable
- Willing to gain relevant qualifications and accreditations
Package and Logistics
- Package dependent on experience
- Office located in Russell Square - great central London location
- 40 hours a week during standard business hours (Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm)
- Continual professional development plans
- Excellent benefits such as free breakfasts, pre-pay day pizza, on site massage days and loads of social activities!
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.