Service Assurance Manager at IT Lab, London
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
Following the completion of a significant equity investment in June 2016, our strategy is to continue to deliver significant growth, both organically and through acquisition, evolving our proposition and positioning to reach a broader target audience.
Due to continued growth, we are now looking for an experience Service Assurance Manager to join our busy Team in London.
A key role in the IT Lab SIAM (Service Integration and Management) Service, responsible for building and managing the relationship with a VIP customer, IT Lab internal teams and key suppliers/vendors to ensure a high level of service is consistently delivered across the end to end service (including suppliers.)
This role will assure the quality of the Service, and the delivery to SLA, both for IT Lab and all other suppliers/vendors in the SIAM Model. Acting as an escalation point and having matrix management of a team split between the UK and South Africa, this role will also help to grow the IT Lab SIAM service offering.
This role requires a senior and highly experienced Service Delivery Manager with a deep understanding of Service Delivery and ITIL Process in an operational environment, depth of experience managing Suppliers/ and an obsession with delivering excellence in Customer Service.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with client as well as 3rd parties and suppliers/vendors involved in delivery of the end-to-end service
- Responsible and accountable for the management of day-to-day operations to ensure contractual commitments and end to end service levels are met by IT Lab and SIAM suppliers/vendors
- Matrix management of a team of Process analysts and Service Delivery professionals (Incident, Request, Problem, Change, Knowledge and Configuration Management)
- Maintain and improve ITIL/SIAM policies, processes and procedures
- Escalating to suppliers/vendors as required
- Conduct Service Review meetings with SIAM suppliers/vendors
- Manage customer Service Review meetings, workshops and presentations to support collaborative issue resolution, service improvements and knowledge sharing
- Lead by example the operational team, creating an environment orientated to trust, open communication, creative thinking and cohesive team effort
- Contribute to planning and delivery of the overall customer IT strategy, concentrating on cost reduction and service improvement (looking at the entire SIAM operating model)
- Own and drive Continuous Service Improvement initiatives, taking inputs from across the entire service eco-system
- Produce management reports for the customer and internal management, providing analysis, feedback and actions based on trends, root cause analysis and other reports
Location and environment
This role will be based between our London offices and the client’s site in Chertsey, however you will be working as part of a team split across our Cape Town, Manchester and London offices. Our culture is non-hierarchical and one which stems from a work hard but have fun environment. We like to laugh, we like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast-paced business, we endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form.
If you think you are a result oriented, positive, strategic thinker as well as tactical practitioner, then the Lab is the place for you.
- ITIL practitioner/ intermediate certification (or equivalent experience)
- Experience managing technical/operational support teams
- Extensive previous experience in a Senior Service Delivery Manager and/or Service Manager role
- Experience working in a multi-sourced environment an advantage
- Comfortable working with contracts, from negotiation through to unpacking contractual requirements and ensuring SLA compliance, building reporting to KPI’s and SLA.
- Previous experience of managing customer facing operational staff in faced paced environments
- Experience managing suppliers/vendors to deliver to SLA/contract
- Confident managing stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, communicating clearly and concisely
- Proficient with data analysis reporting tools such as MS Excel
- Professional and adaptable communication style to match the customer
- Customer service orientated, facilitating customer feedback and concerns to drive service improvement initiatives
- Positive and proactive approach at every level and under pressure
Generic individual attributes:
- Organised, process orientated and demonstrate initiative
- Exceptionally people focussed with good negotiation and management skills
- Astute and diligent with accuracy
- Adaptable and able to prioritise work based on customer needs
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Salary dependant on experience
- 40 hours a week during standard business hours (Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm)
- Would be required to spend 3-4 days per week working from the client office in Chertsey, and 1 day per week at IT Lab London office
- IT Lab Office located in Russell Square - great central London location
- 22 days’ annual leave
- Pension, healthcare, discounted gym membership (a whole array of benefits)
- Continual professional development plans
- Excellent benefits such as free breakfasts, pre-pay day pizza, on site massage days and lots of social activities!
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.