Senior Tech Specialist at IT Lab, London
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
A core part of our business is our Cape Town operations centre from which we provide 24/7 support to our predominantly UK based clients and their global operations via a 1st – 3rd line service desk, 365 days per year. This operation is planned to expand significantly in the coming years. This expansion is to not only accommodate growth in our service desk, but also an expanding remit to broaden our local service capability.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Support Engineer to join our Support Services team working at a client site in London, acting as the technical escalation point for highly complex support issues arising on our client sites. Relevant experience and the ability to learn quickly, communicate well at all levels, work with 100% commitment and contribute to the success of our existing team of dedicated professionals is vital.
The key deliverables of a Senior Technical Specialist are to provide technical escalation for the relevant virtual team’s technology focus, contributing to improving standards and knowledge enhancement of those within the team. This can include escalation tickets; change requests or projects depending on the requirements of any of our customers. The engineer must possess excellent verbal communication skills as well as exceptional analytical and technical skills and continually look to improve on this. In addition, they need to collaborate with the entire operations team with positive communication and sharing of knowledge and information.
- Respond appropriately and deal with queries or complaints in an effective manner (i.e. punctual; polite and with empathy).
- Take ownership of escalated and/or complex tickets allocated to them or their relevant Virtual team (“VTs”) ticket queue and professionally manage them through to resolution or escalation.
- Ask targeted questions to apply accurate troubleshooting.
- Deliver clear Change management.
- Involvement in problem management to identify root cause analysis.
- Contribute fully as an active team member and ensure personal and team objectives are achieved.
- Maintain a professional relationship with clients and peers.
- Utilise excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations.
- Report potential client facing risks.
- Report customer feedback and potential product request.
- Maintain your own personal development plan with support from your manager.
- Collaborate with other teams to maintain standards and functionality.
- Undertake any other tasks as assigned by management.
- Availability during your shift hours (which may incur shift & desk rotation).
- Troubleshoot, maintain and support a wide range of systems.
- Initiate, update, approve and maintain knowledge articles.
- Deliver assistance to Technical Specialists.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements (“SLAs”) are met.
- Take ownership of tickets escalated to you within the required agreed SLA’s.
- Prioritise and manage several open issues at one time.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills.
- Fully supporting, configuring and maintaining customer server environment.
- Contribute to and improve internal knowledgebase and assets. Mentor and provide support colleagues.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to clients.
- Direct unresolved issues to technical lead.
- No supervision required.
- Vast experience in a senior support role or similar
- Strong experience in Windows Server technologies to at least an MSCA level.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge in supporting Linux OS.
- Strong experience in networking – with a focus on Checkpoint technologies.
- Deep understanding of virtualisation technologies, namely VMware and Hyper-V.
- Experience of supporting messaging solutions, including Exchange, Office 365 and Mimecast.
- Exposure to the Microsoft Cloud, including Azure Active Directory and Enterprise Mobility and Security.
• MCSE Server
• MCSA Messaging
• MCSA Cloud
• Checkpoint firewalls.
• Fortinet NSE5
• CCNA upwards
• VMWare VCP upwards
• Citrix CCA upwards
- Working hours will be 40 hours a week during standard business hours (Monday – Friday, rotational shifts between 7am – 7pm UK time)
- Offices and client sites located in London
- Package dependent on experience
- 22 days’ annual leave
- Opportunity to be a part of a large group of experienced Support Engineers, for you to grow and develop your skills and experience
- Continual professional development plans
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.