Onsite Engineer (Southampton) at IT Lab, Remote
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
A core part of our business is our Cape Town operations centre from which we provide 24/7 support to our predominantly UK based clients and their global operations via a 1st – 3rd line service desk, 365 days per year. This operation is planned to expand significantly in the coming years. This expansion is to not only accommodate growth in our service desk, but also an expanding remit to broaden our local service capability.
An opportunity has arisen for an on-site Support Engineer to work with one of our key client sites in the Southampton area, providing unparalleled service excellence to our base of over 400 clients and 13,000 end users across the UK.
The key deliverables of a On-site Support Services Engineer are to provide technical support to end users working on one of our key client sites in the Southampton area. This can include incidents; problems; requests or change control depending on the requirements of any of our customers. The engineer must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as exceptional analytical and technical skills and continually look to improve on this. In addition, they need to collaborate with the entire operations team with positive communication and sharing of knowledge and information. The On-site Support Services Engineer must can work on their own or as part of a small team representing the values and objectives of IT Lab.
Reporting to the Team Leader, the key deliverables of our Second Line Engineers can be summarised as follows:
- answer overflow calls and attempt first call resolution.
- confirm and capture accurate information.
- Take ownership of tickets assigned to you or your relevant VT ticket queue within the required agreed SLA’s.
- Prioritise and manage several open tickets at one time.
- Apply extreme attention to detail.
- Effective troubleshooting skills related to your relevant area of support.
- Take ownership of technical escalation.
- Contribute to and improve internal knowledgebase, assets.
- Refer to internal knowledgebase, assets, internal/external resources to provide accurate solution.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to clients.
- Direct unresolved issues to technical specialist (within your VT) or incident management (outside our VT) for technical escalation.
- Requires a level of supervision, however possesses the aptitude to work independently.
Required skills and capabilities
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Previous experience of providing IT Support in a commercial environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience supporting:
o Microsoft Exchangeo Active Directoryo Office 365o Windows Servers (full range)o Server Virtualisation (HyperV / VMWare)o Local Area Networkingo Symantec Productso Cisco LAN/WAN (routers, switches, ASAs)o Routing / switching equipment including, but not limited to, Cisco, Dell, HP switches, routers and firewallso Citrix ( XenApp/XenDesktop)
- Formal IT qualification, ideally MCSE/MCITP or multiple MCPs massively advantageous
Generic essential individual attributes:
- Excellent technical ability in one or more key virtual team areas
- Very good technical understanding of current leading technologies, suppliers and industry terminology
- Able to prioritise under pressure and work to deadlines
- Excellent Decision making, judgement, planning and organisation skills
- Flexible, calm and approachable, ‘can do’ attitude
- Solid customer relations skills to understand client/client representatives concerns and requirements
- Ability to work well within team, supporting other team members
- Willingness to gain relevant qualifications and accreditation's
- Working hours will be 40 hours a week during standard business hours (Monday – Friday, rotational shifts between 7am – 7pm UK time)
- Offices located in Russell Square though the successful applicant will be providing on-site support to our client in Southampton
- Package dependent on experience
- 22 days’ annual leave
- Opportunity to be a part of a large group of experienced Support Engineers, for you to grow and develop your skills and experience
- Continual professional development plan
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.