Graduate Accounts Assistant at IT Lab, London
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
Following the completion of a significant equity investment in June 2016, our strategy is to continue to deliver significant growth, both organically and through acquisition, evolving our proposition and positioning to reach a broader target audience.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accounts Assistant will have a varied role supporting all aspects of the accounting function for our UK and SA offices including management accounts, balance sheet reconciliations, project work for systems and controls improvement and a broad exposure to other areas of financial control. The company is highly acquisitive and growing fast so responsibilities will grow with the company.
Duties and responsibilities:
Help support management accounts and financial control processes, including:
- Departmental P&L pack production
- P&L analysis to support department heads
- Supporting budget process
- Preparing and posting journals to the general ledger
- Balance sheet reconciliations, including:
- Bank recs and petty cash
- Debtors and creditors
- Support accounts payable with:
- More complex reconciling matters
- Process and checking of payment runs
- Providing analysis and liaising with accounts receivable on control issues
- Maintaining bank accounts, processing payments and bank reconciliations
- Input to and supporting cash flow forecasting process
- Cover for other critical processes
- Key person for supporting ERP (new accounting system) implementation
- Potentially help with integration of new companies and onboarding of management accounts processes
- Other project work
Location and environment
This role will be based in Russell Square in London; however, you will work amongst a wider Finance team that is split across our Manchester, Cape Town and London offices. Our culture is non-hierarchical and one which stems from a work hard, but have fun environment. We like to laugh, we like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast-paced business, we endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form.
Background, Experience and Skills
For this role we need someone who isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. You will be a highly numerate individual with a logical and methodical approach to your work as well as having good communication skills both written and verbal.
The successful candidate should have/be:
- Graduate degree
- Keen to become qualified accountant
- Good excel skills and keen to develop further
- Strong attention to detail with high personal standards for accuracy and quality of work
- Self-motivated, proactive and curious disposition, with a natural tendency toward investigating information that seems interesting or anomalous
- Able to adapt to a fast-moving environment
- Excellent communication skills, communicating with all levels of seniority within the business,
- Excellent articulation and command of the English language
Package and Logistics
- Package dependent on experience
- Includes study package for either ACCA or CIMA
- Office located in Russell Square - great central London location
- 22 days’ annual leave
- Pension, healthcare, discounted gym membership (a whole array of benefits)
- 40 hours a week during standard business hours (Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm)
- Continual professional development plans
- Excellent benefits such as free breakfasts, pre-pay day pizza, on site massage days and loads of social activities!
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.