Graduate Financial Planning Analyst at IT Lab, London
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
Following the completion of a significant equity investment in June 2016, our strategy is to continue to deliver significant growth, both organically and through acquisition, evolving our proposition and positioning to reach a broader target audience.
The Financial Planning Analyst will form a key part of the FP&A team to help develop insightful analysis that will drive timely and informed strategic decision making. The role will sit across the three key focus areas of the FP&A team – commercial analysis, forecasting/budgeting and mergers and acquisitions.
You will also work closely with the accounting and reporting teams as well as PL owners to analyse business results, assess business performance, develop KPIs and message the key plans and results to stakeholders.
Generic duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of the business’ Financial Model, scenario planning, acquisition analysis and equity returns.
- Assist in developing monthly operational and Board reporting including development of financial and non-financial KPIs
- Be a key part of the team helping to deliver accurate and timely annual budget and quarterly re-forecasts
- Business partnering with senior stakeholders across the business
- Assisting in the development of models and metrics to monitor client profitability
- Assisting in the development and control of incentive structures for Commercial team.
- Ensure ad-hoc information requests are responded to efficiently and effectively with insightful analysis and commentary
- Review and challenge business submissions to ensure data accuracy
M&A, financial modelling and analysis
- Assisting in M&A modelling and scenario planning, developing Target financial models and planning and incorporating into the businesses core Financial Model
- M&A analysis and due diligence
- Interaction and communication with private equity house.
Location and environment
This role will be based in Russell Square in London; however, you will work amongst a wider Finance team that is split across our Manchester, Cape Town and London offices. Our culture is non-hierarchical and one which stems from a work hard, but have fun environment. We like to laugh, we like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast-paced business, we endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form.
Background, Experience and Skills
For this role we need someone who isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. You will be a highly numerate individual with a logical and methodical approach to your work as well as having good communication skills both written and verbal.
The successful candidate should have/be:
- Graduate degree
- Keenness to develop/learn excel skills to build financial model building capability
- Strong quantitative orientation, as evidenced by academic background or prior quantitative work experience
- Interest in the PE business model
- Role suitable to an ambitious graduate looking to build their career
- Strong attention to detail with high personal standards for accuracy and quality of work
- Self-motivated, proactive and curious disposition, with a natural tendency toward investigating information that seems interesting or anomalous
- Able to adapt to a fast-moving environment
- Excellent communication skills, communicating with all levels of seniority within the business,
- Excellent articulation and command of the English language
Package and Logistics
- Package dependent on experience
- Office located in Russell Square - great central London location
- 22 days’ annual leave
- Pension, healthcare, discounted gym membership (a whole array of benefits)
- 40 hours a week during standard business hours (Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm)
- Continual professional development plans
- Excellent benefits such as free breakfasts, pre-pay day pizza, on site massage days and loads of social activities!
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.