Account Manager at IT Lab, London
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, cyber, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
Following the completion of a significant equity investment in June 2016, our strategy is to continue to deliver significant growth, both organically and through acquisition, evolving our proposition and positioning to reach a broader target audience.
As an Account Manager, your key focus is our clients. The purpose of the role is to work with clients to enable them to leverage technology to provide business outcomes and value. To achieve this, you will provide strategic guidance to clients and draw on the full width of the IT Lab proposition.
You are responsible for articulating the IT Lab proposition to clients enabling them to meet their ongoing technology service and transformation needs. You will be required to support them in navigating the rapidly changing technology landscape, integrate new services and capabilities which underpin organisational improvement and to enable them to operate dynamically and efficiently, through applications of their choosing from any device, anywhere, at any time.
Reporting to the Client Development Director, we are looking for individuals with relevant industry experience that can demonstrate strategic, technical, commercial and leadership qualities to enhance the Account Management function to meet the key deliverables described below:
• Take ownership/management of a sales target
• Retention, growth and profitability of your client portfolio
• Responsibility for the timely delivery of high quality client proposals and continual strategy roadmap review, and leading the scoping and estimation of projects working with technical specialists
• Responsibility for maintaining an accurate opportunity pipeline
• Responsibility for maintaining up to date account plans and whitespace analysis
• Ensure the timely delivery of high quality client proposals
• Act as a key stakeholder in commercial sign off
• Be a contributor to the Account Management processes and policies
• Remaining current with key industry advancements and important news, and able to adapt to the fast rate of change in the technology space
Background, Experience and Skills
This role would be ideal for an ambitious and experienced Account Manager within the IT Managed Services sector who is seeking a new and exciting challenge within a forward leaning technology company and is willing to participate in an exciting journey.
You will have proven experience of achieving a financial target and be able to confidently present value based IT solutions to an existing and new customer base.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
• A passion for technology and how it can empower ambitious organisations to succeed
• Demonstrable experience in an Account Management or Business Development position within the IT or Technology sectors
• A consultative sales methodology
• A proven track record of meeting and exceeding target
• A team player with the proven ability to get the best out of colleagues and ability to motivate a virtual team
• The ability to develop relationships with both operational and business decision maker contacts
• A clear understanding of business requirements and the ability to translate these into IT solutions
• Commercial skills including negotiation, development of business case and demonstrate ROI
• Natural problem-solving skills
• Confidence in front of clients including strategy meetings, service review meetings, project meetings
• An ability to embrace and manage change in a dynamic and fast growing organisation
Location and environment
This role will be based in Russell Square in London; however, you will work amongst a team split across our Manchester and London offices. Our culture is non-hierarchical and one which stems from a work hard, but have fun environment. We like to laugh, we like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast-paced business, we endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form.
If you think you are a results oriented, positive, strategic thinker as well as tactical practitioner, then the Lab is the place for you.
Package and Logistics
• Package dependent on experience
• Office located in Russell Square - great central London location
• 22 days’ annual leave
• Pension, healthcare, discounted gym membership (a whole array of benefits)
• 40 hours a week during standard business hours (Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm)
• Continual professional development plans
• Excellent benefits such as free breakfasts, pre-pay day pizza, on site massage days and loads of social activities!
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.