Support Services Team Coordinator at IT Lab, London
IT Lab Limited
IT is a leading Lab technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
Department: Support Services
Reporting to: Director of Support Services
Contract type: Permanent
The Team Coordinator’s role is to undertake technical support duties and manage/co-ordinate a team of Support Services engineers servicing request fulfilment and offering guidance to end users, whilst assisting the Team Leader to co-ordinate team activities. The engineer must possess excellent verbal communication skills as well as good analytical and technical skills and continually look to improve Service. In addition, they need to collaborate with the entire Operations team with positive communication and sharing of knowledge and information.
Working closely with the Team Leader to aid coordinating team activities, training, scheduling, monitoring, and documentation, this role requires a good understanding of a Managed Services environment, and a technical understanding of the role undertaken by the Support Service engineers, with the ability to interact with customers at all levels of seniority in order to understand and deliver against their expectations.
Duties and responsibilities
The role holder will be responsible for:
• Work with The Process team to coordinate major incidents. Work with The Process team to ensure correct process is being followed with assignments. (Work with Team Manager/Leaders to implement changes if required).
• Attempt first call resolution of engineering issues and confirm and capture accurate information. Escalate to incident management if unable to resolve technical issues within 15 minutes. Excellent desktop troubleshooting skills a must as well as server and network identification troubling skills.
• Take ownership of tickets assigned to relevant Virtual team ticket queue within the required agreed SLA’s.
• Prioritise and manage several open issues or requests at one time and take ownership of technical escalation.
• Client induction / training for new starters and assist with the process and the new starter guide.
• Work with Team Managers/Leaders to ensure constant availability for the client and coordinating team activities such as out of office hours allocation to ensure constant service cover.
• Liaising between internal team and service desk, ensuring Incidents and Requests are correctly processed in line with internal standards.
• Contribute to and improve internal knowledgebase and, assets
• Refer to internal knowledgebase, assets, internal/external resources to provide accurate solution.
• Provide prompt and accurate feedback to clients and drive unresolved issues with the Process team or VTs for technical escalation Work with TL and training team to develop and deliver client specific training for new starters.
• Monitor ticket quality, escalations, and trending of tickets
• Assist with reporting: phones and ticket stats
• Develop and test new process and procedure documentation
Essential individual attributes
• Motivated Self-Starter
• Excellent communication, organisation and planning skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Effective time management skills
• Personal effectiveness, confidence and resilience, with an ability to influence at all levels of the organisation and within the customer organisations
• Ability to drive continuous improvement
• Customer focused
• Flexible and assertive
Package and Logistics
* Competitive Salary dependent on experience
* 22 days’ annual leave
* Offices located in Russell Square – Great Central London location
* Pension, healthcare, discounted gym membership (a whole array of benefits)
* 40 hours a week during standard business hours (Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm)
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.
Opening date: 8 March 2019
Closing date: 5 April 2019