Internal Systems Engineer at IT Lab, London
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
A core part of our business is our Cape Town operations centre from which we provide 24/7 support to our predominantly UK based clients and their global operations via a 1st – 3rd line service desk, 365 days per year. This operation is planned to expand significantly in the coming years. This expansion is to not only accommodate growth in our service desk, but also an expanding remit to broaden our local service capability.
We are now looking for an experienced Support Engineer to join our Internal Systems team in London providing support to our in-house members of staff. This role will be part of our global Internal Systems team and although you will be working closely with the rest of the team, your local team will ultimately be responsible for the deskside support for your local office and it is expected that you will become the go-to person for staff in that office for any technical support.
As an IT Lab Internal Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for providing desktop support to local and remote staff, and management and administration of our internal systems hosted locally, on our private cloud platform and in the public cloud. You will have a ‘Hands on’ problem solving approach; solving problems within strict SLA timeframes and dealing with end users up to executive level. You will provide a mixture of hardware, software, desktop and network support both in person and over the phone.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Systems the key deliverables of the role can be summarised as follows:
• Provide remote and deskside support on IT Lab internal systems and applications to the end user’s satisfaction.
• Installation, configuration and deployment of desktops, laptops, peripheral equipment and software for new and existing users.
• Hardware and software support for desktops, laptops and peripheral equipment.
• Management of endpoint security tools such as Anti-Virus.
• Maintain asset inventory of all hardware and software.
• Ensure compliance of security policies through user awareness and guidance of security best practices in accordance with our ISO27001 standards.
• Reporting and managing risks to end user experience, productivity or systems.
• Management and administration of internal systems and server related administrative tasks.
• Log incidents, requests and changes using the IT Lab IT Service Management platform and ensure all issues are resolved in the targeted SLAs.
• Help support, train and mentor other team members
• Be an ambassador for the Internal Systems team in the respective location and championing Internal Systems policies and procedures.
Required skills and capabilities
The ideal candidate will have/be:
• Previous experience of providing IT Support at a 2nd line level in a commercial environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in the following technology areas are essential:
o Active Directory
o Windows Server 2012/2016
o Windows 10
o Microsoft Office applications
• Experience in the following areas would be desired:
o Skype for Business Server
Generic essential individual attributes:
o Clear communication skills both verbally and written
o Time management and recording
o Very good technical understanding of current leading technologies, suppliers and industry terminology
o Able to prioritise under pressure and work to deadlines when required
o Excellent decision making, judgement, planning and organisation skills
o Flexible, calm and approachable, ‘can do’ attitude
o Security conscious and aware of IT security risks.
o Ability to self-manage own time, priorities and work load.
o Be approachable and be the go-to person for all staff regardless of their role and abilities.
o Ability to work well within team, supporting other team members
o Willingness to gain relevant qualifications and accreditation's
o Must exude “service obsession” and demonstrate a passion for delighting internal end users
Location and environment
This role will be based in our head office in Russell Square, London, however, as mentioned above you will work amongst a wider team split across our London, Cape Town and Manchester offices. Our culture is non-hierarchical and one which stems from a hardworking but fun environment. We like to laugh, we like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast-paced business, we endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form.
If you think you are a result oriented, positive, strategic thinker as well as tactical practitioner, then the Lab is the place for you.
* Package dependent on experience
* Office located in Russell Square - great central London location
* 40 hours a week (Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm)
* 22 days’ annual leave
* Pension, healthcare, discounted gym membership (a whole array of benefits)
* Continual professional development plans
* Excellent benefits such as free breakfasts, pre-pay day pizza, on site massage days and loads of social activities!
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.