Associate Service Transition Manager at IT Lab, London
IT Lab Limited
IT is a leading Lab technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
Department: Business Systems & Process
Reporting to: Director of Business Systems & Process
Contract type: Permanent
The Associate Service Transition Manager is responsible for ensuring the successful transition of assigned new or changed services from sale, through the project phase and into normal service support, ensuring the relevant IT Lab support teams are fully equipped to deliver services according to SLA.
The Associate Service Transition Manager will also input into the IT Lab end to end Service Transition Process, ensuring there is continuous review and improvement to the process.
They will define and drive to completion aspects of a service solution related to the transition of that Service, liaising with all required Internal Teams, Suppliers and being a key member of the customer facing team through the post sales process and into business as usual support.
The Associate Service Transition Manager will work with, Service Transition Managers, Project Managers and internal teams across IT Lab as well as Suppliers and Customer contacts to ensure that all assigned Service Transition elements of a service solution are documented, approved, tested and delivered.
A key part of the role of the Associate Service Transition Manager is to gather detailed functional and non-functional requirements for the ServiceNow ITSM platform and work closely with the DevOps team to design, build and test these requirements. This will include hands on development in ServiceNow of items such as Service Request catalogue items for delivery as part of customer solutions.
This role requires a good understanding of Service Transition specifically in a Managed Services environment, and a technical understanding, with the ability to interact with customers at all levels of seniority in order to understand and deliver against their expectations.
Duties and responsibilities
Process & People:
* Drives a standardised, consistent and repeatable approach for both newly sold Services and Services with significant change to move from post sales project phase to acceptance by the relevant Managed Services or Support Services Teams (as well as other internal terms involved in support of the Services)
* Works with the Service Transition Management team to review and improve the existing Service Transition Process (and associated sub-process and work instructions) that encompasses all the requirements for a service transition and acceptance and ensure these processes are embedded within the processes and working practices of all other relevant internal teams
* Executes post go-live/post Transition ‘Hypercare’/‘Early life support’ process in conjunction with relevant support teams
* Works directly with DevOps to deliver technical customer requirements for systems such as ServiceNow
* Captures functional and non-functional requirements for the build of ServiceNow as part of transition projects
* Develops ServiceNow functionality, as required, in conjunction with the DevOps team.
* Develops and maintains key business relationships through project and process work
* Works with internal support teams and Project Managers to ensure customer SLA adherence following Service Transition and that any outstanding defects/snags or changes are highlighted and agreed
* Manages resource planning/booking for Service Transition projects they are assigned to manage, ensuring project teams include relevant internal team members to own the delivery of Service Transition for individual elements of the project
* Highlights and manages resource issues to ensure there is no impact to customer committed go-live dates associated with the transition
* Creates and owns a full project plan for each transition project they are managing, providing relevant reporting on status of the project as agreed at project initiation (projects may be agile, waterfall or a mix)
Specific capabilities required
* Demonstrable experience in Service-related roles in a Managed Services or Vendor environment
* Understanding and experience of Service Operations and Project Management principles
* Experience in developing, improving and implementing ITIL aligned Process and Procedures
* Process Mapping experience using BPMN methodology
* Developed Business Analysis skills with demonstrated experience in working with customers to capture requirements
* ServiceNow administration experience and a detailed understanding and practical experience of using the SDLC/Agile modules to develop ServiceNow functionality
* Experience of fast paced delivery environments with competing priorities
* Project Management certification to a minimum of Foundation level or equivalent (Prince2/PMI etc…)
* ITIL awareness, ideally with Foundation certification
Essential individual attributes
* Motivated Self-Starter
* Excellent communication, organisation and planning skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Effective time management skills
* Personal effectiveness, confidence and resilience, with an ability to influence at all levels of the organisation and within the customer and supplier/vendor organisations
* Ability to drive continuous improvement
* Customer focused
* Excellent business writing, presentation and facilitation skills
* Flexible and assertive
Package and Logistics
* Competitive Salary dependent on experience
* 22 days’ annual leave
* Offices located in Russell Square – Great Central London location
* Pension, healthcare, discounted gym membership (a whole array of benefits)
* 40 hours a week during standard business hours (Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm)
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.
Opening date: 4 February 2019
Closing date: 5th March 2019