Citrix Engineer at IT Lab, Cape Town
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
A core part of our business is our Cape Town operations centre from which we provide 24/7 support to our predominantly UK based clients and their global operations via a 1st – 3rd line service desk, 365 days per year. This operation is planned to expand significantly in the coming years. This expansion is to not only accommodate growth in our service desk, but also an expanding remit to broaden our local service capability.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Citrix Engineer to join the remote support team in our Cape Town office acting as the technical escalation point for highly complex support issues arising on our client sites. Relevant experience and the ability to learn quickly, communicate well at all levels, work with 100% commitment and contribute to the success of our existing team of dedicated professionals is vital.
Reporting to the Team Leader, the key deliverables can be summarised as follows:
• Delivery of high-quality support on escalated incidents and problems across the IT Lab client base
• Escalation point for Service Desk Manager and Service Delivery Managers for specific client issues
• Responding appropriately to, and effectively resolving, customer incidents, queries or complaints.
• Involvement and presence in core Virtual Teams
• Help support, train and mentor other team members
• You will have a ‘hands on’ problem solving approach; solving problems within strict SLA timeframes
• Take ownership of incidents assigned to you and manage them through to resolution.
• Ensuring SLA’s are met; time to respond, time to resolve and first-time-fix.
Location and environment
This role will be based in our beautiful Century City offices in Cape Town; however, you will work amongst a Support Team split across client sites, London, Cape Town, Manchester and Woking offices. Our culture is non-hierarchical and one which stems from a hardworking but fun environment. We like to laugh, we like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast-paced business, we endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form.
If you think you are a results oriented, positive, strategic thinker as well as tactical practitioner, then the Lab is the place for you.
Required skills and capabilities
The ideal candidate will have/be:
• Previous experience in a 2nd Line or similar Support role
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience supporting:
o Citrix XenApp 6.x and above troubleshooting and support
o Citrix Xen desktop 5.5 and above troubleshooting and Support
o Citrix Web Interface, Storefront and Netscaler Troubleshooting and Support (all Versions)
o Citrix Edgesight, Citrix Director and Citrix Stout
o Active Directory
o Windows Servers (full range)
o Server Virtualisation (Hyper V / VMWare)
o Microsoft Exchange – support and implementation
o Office 365
o Local Area Networking
o Symantec Products
o Cisco LAN/WAN (routers, switches, ASAs)
o Routing / switching equipment including, but not limited to, Cisco, Dell, HP switches, routers and firewalls
o Experience with Office 365 migrations
• Formal IT qualification, ideally Citrix CCA-V, Citrix CCA -N, MCSE/MCITP or multiple MCPs massively advantageous
Generic essential individual attributes:
• Excellent technical ability in one or more key virtual team areas
• Very good technical understanding of current leading technologies, suppliers and industry terminology
• Able to prioritise under pressure and work to deadlines
• Excellent Decision making, judgement, planning and organisation skills
• Flexible, calm and approachable, ‘can do’ attitude
• Solid customer relations skills to understand client/client representatives concerns and requirements
• Ability to work well within team, supporting other team members
• Willingness to gain relevant qualifications and accreditation's
• Working hours will be 40 to 45 hours a week during standard business hours (Monday – Friday, rotational shifts between 7am – 7pm UK time)
• Offices locating in Century City (Cape Town)
• Package dependent on experience
• 22 days’ annual leave
• Opportunity to be a part of a large group of experienced Support Engineers, for you to grow and develop your skills and experience
• Continual professional development plans
• Free breakfast daily, lunches paid for on Friday (and a whole array of other benefits!)
• Working for an established London based employer with predominantly UK based clients
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.