Buyer at IT Lab, London
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
Following the completion of a significant equity investment in June 2016, our strategy is to continue to deliver significant growth, both organically and through acquisition, evolving our proposition and positioning to reach a broader target audience.
We are now looking for a Buyer to join the busy team in our London office.
Reporting to the Procurement Team Leader, you will be involved in every aspect of the of the procurement function, from sourcing right through to delivery. Your previous experience and expertise will further bolster our skilled and friendly team to collectively enable us to continue delivering best value to IT Lab and our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Sourcing hardware, software and services from across our existing supply base to meet client requirements
• Negotiating with suppliers at every stage of the procurement process, to consistently deliver best value to IT Lab and its clients
• Supply chain management. From quoting through to order delivery and ensuring any issues are resolved swiftly, and effectively.
• Developing and building relationships with key suppliers, internal departments and clients via email, phone and directly.
• Assist various internal departments within IT Lab such as Finance, PMO and Operations to ensure the company works together to attain common targets and goals.
• Undertake other tasks as assigned by management, to support the procurement function
This list is not exhaustive and subject to continual review.
Location and environment
This role will be based in London; however, you will work amongst a team split across our Manchester and London offices. Our culture is non-hierarchical and one which stems from a work hard, but have fun environment. We like to laugh, we like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast-paced business, we endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form. We’re proud of our employee engagement and have successfully been listed in the Sunday Times “Best Companies to Work for” for six years and with our group companies, 11 of the last 13 years.
If you think you are a confident, self-driven and motivated individual, then the Lab is the place for you.
Background, Experience and Skills
This role would suit a current buyer who is highly organised, has strong attention to detail and is looking to grow their career with a forward-thinking technology company.
The ideal candidate should:
• Have previous experience in a Buyer role
• Have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent/experience) ideally IT or business related
• Preferably be CIPS qualified (or working towards this)
• Be an expert at juggling multiple tasks against tight deadlines
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office
• Have some experience of working with a CRM system. NetSuite experience would be beneficial
• Have excellent attention to detail
• Enjoy tackling new challenges head on and have a determination to succeed within a fast moving and ever-changing industry
• Be able to ‘hit the ground running’, work without supervision and strive to build relationships with colleagues in an already successful, collaborative team
• Be confident, have initiative, ask questions and a great attitude
Package and Logistics
• Competitive Salary dependent on experience
• 22 days’ annual leave
• Office located in Russell Square – Great Central London location!
• Pension, healthcare, discounted gym membership (a whole array of benefits)
• 40 hours a week during standard business hours (Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm)
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.