Managed Assurance Consultant at IT Lab, Manchester
At IT Lab, we help customers to navigate the changing world of technology. We are taking on new and exciting challenges specifically targeted at helping our clients deal with the ever-changing cyber threat. If you want to help UK businesses be more secure, join us in expanding our operational security operations centre.
The cyber team has grown rapidly over the past 12 months, including the acquisition of an expert and highly accredited Penetration Testing and Security Consultancy capability. IT Lab Cyber has an integrated set of capabilities that can provide services to customers across the cyber security life cycle. As a managed security services provider, with a strong technical testing and consultancy core, we can offer advice, operations and remediation in tandem with the wider technology services operations that are carried out by IT Lab. We are looking for ambitious individuals to join the team and help to secure our customers and keep malicious actors at bay.
IT Lab is a successful, ambitious and rapidly growing organisation: backed by ECI Partners in 2016, we are funded for organic and acquisitive growth and the cyber team is an important strategic part of this growth. We deliver a valuable set of strategic and innovative cyber services that are highly relevant to IT Lab’s customers and which complement the other services that the firm offers.
The following duties and responsibilities will apply to the Managed Assurance Consultant post training:
• Perform quarterly/ monthly:
o Network and Application Vulnerability Scans
o Phishing Assessments
o Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) Assessments
o Cyber Essentials Due Diligence Assessments
o Interpreting scan results and providing output in a report format
• Providing support where necessary to clients regarding results and IT Lab Security Awareness Training platforms
• Assisting/ delivering Security Awareness Training
• Perform/ assisting with Physical Social Engineering assessments
• Assisting with Cyber Essentials (CE) and CE PLUS Assessments
• Assist in maintaining the technical lab environment
• Assist the Head of the Managed Assurance department and team managers with improving the service
Location and environment
This role will be based in Manchester; however, you will work amongst a team split across the UK.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
We like to laugh, we like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast-paced business, we endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form.
If you think you are a result oriented, positive self-starter then the Lab is the place for you.
Background, Experience and Skills
• Motivated individual, a self-starter with a desire to excel
• Active interest in Cyber Security
• Have an inquisitive mind / nature
• Able to use virtual environments such as VMWare and VirtualBox
• Basic understanding of IT infrastructure including IP addresses, TCP/IP and some networking knowledge
• Ability to communicate at a professional level by email, phone and in person
• Knowledge of new security exploits in the news, i.e. attacks against recent organisations
• Aware of network and application vulnerability scanners, i.e. Nessus, OpenVAS, Acunetix and you have attempted to use them in a safe and legal way
• Knowledge of Phishing, Social Engineering and Physical Security
• Aware of computer coding and programming languages, and have an elementary understanding of their uses
• Work independently without supervision
• Have a can-do attitude
• Be able to communicate technical issues to non-technical personnel
• Strong written & verbal communication skills – you may be asked to provide examples of your written work
• Work to deadlines
• Basic knowledge of operating systems including, Win, OS X, Linux, iOS, Windows Mobile, Android etc.
• Aware of what OWASP TOP 10, OSSTMM, PC-DSS is
• CREST Practitioner Security Analyst (CPSA)
• BSc/ MSc in Computer Science, Computer Forensics, Computer Security or related
Package and Logistics
• Package dependent on experience
• 22 days’ annual leave
• Offices located in Swinton, Manchester
• Pension, healthcare (a whole array of benefits)
• Working hours of 37.5 hours per week, between 9.00am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
• Continual professional development plans
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.