Senior Technical Consultant at IT Lab, London
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
Following the completion of a significant equity investment in June 2016, our strategy is to continue to deliver significant growth, both organically and through acquisition, evolving our proposition and positioning to reach a broader target audience.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Consultant to join our dynamic and fast-growing Project management team in our London office.
The key deliverable's of a Principle Technical Consultant are to provide technical delivery of Infrastructure projects to the IT Lab client base but in addition provide technical support and guidance to the client base and colleagues. The implementation team which this role forms part of, is also an advisory and escalation function and will be called upon to assist with project scoping, client onboarding (technical audits), third line support tickets and client documentation as required.
Due to the seniority of the role, it is envisaged that the role holder will:
* Be an integral part in driving new product testing and adoption within the PMO team
* Ensure the requisite new product skills are acquired by engineers and standards published prior to go-to-market
* Stage and supervise POC labs
* Provide technical mentorship
The Principle Technical Consultant must possess excellent verbal communication skills in addition to exceptional attention to detail, excellent written and technical documentation skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Working under the guidance of the Project Management Office (PMO), be responsible for the delivery, or part delivery of Infrastructure related projects as per customer requirements.
* Responsible for ensuring successful delivery, sign off and hand over to support services post project.
* Ensuring all documentation and network diagrams are accurately completed\updated\created including the maintaining of asset information and configurations
* Allocating and logging time to tasks and projects in an accurate and detailed manner
* Take ownership of allocated projects and professionally manage them through to resolution\conclusion
* Manage incidents, problems and changes through ticket management system as required
* Implement, troubleshoot, maintain and support a wide range of systems (incl. but not limited to):
* Networking: Fortigate firewalls, Draytek routers, Sonicwall, Juniper, Cisco
* Server hardware: Dell and HP servers predominantly and making use of DRAC and iLO out of bands management cards.
* Server OS: Server 2003, Server 2008 including R2, Server 2012 as well as all versions of small business server. We support some Linux server and Apple server operating systems.
* Workstation Hardware and software: We support all desktop operating systems as well as workstation hardware
* In addition, all versions of Exchange, Mimecast spam filtering, office 365 and all virtualized infrastructure such as Hyper-V, VMware
* Office 365
* Cloud technologies (AWS etc. plus own Cloud platform)
* Contribute fully as an active team member and ensure personal and team objectives are achieved
* Undertake other tasks as assigned by management that may not necessarily be implementation or Project centric
* Ability to document infrastructure related deployments.
* Act as an ambassador for IT Lab at all times
* Act as a role model and mentor to younger, less senior IT Lab colleagues.
Additional responsibilities and activities
* Provide new product assessment and evaluation
* Assist in the preparation and take on of new products and technology
* Prepare and conduct technical training for internal staff
* Prepare and conduct product and general training for other members of the PMO team following TAP creation (shadowing, lunch & learn etc.) Identifying and carrying out training activities internally
* Leading by example and via coaching/escalation
* Identify gaps in current TAP library
* Create TAP documentation and maintain relevance
* Assist in the low-level design of large scale technical projects
* Where larger, more complex projects require specific planning and LLD (in addition to the TDA input), assist with the logical approach and step by step task lists necessary to achieve the project goals.
* Set up and generate POC activities either directly or other engineers as appropriate
* Where POC projects are required assist with or (guide others) to generate the POC model and the UAT test objectives. Create or design the required documentation.
* Conduct discrete assigned activities to assist the department and IT Lab as required (Security/password policy/ISO270001 etc.)
* Be involved with special projects (internal) from time to time to assist with technical governance and technical direction of the department and business as required/requested
Location and environment
This role will be based in our Russell Square office in central London, however you will work amongst a team split across our Manchester and London offices.
Our culture is non-hierarchical and one which stems from a work hard, but have fun environment. We like to laugh, we like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast-paced business, we endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form.
Required skills and capabilities
The ideal candidate will have/be:
* Flexibility to work weekends and other out of hours duties as required
* Excellent trouble shooting skills (e.g. AD; servers; workstations; databases; networking)
* Extensive knowledge and working experience with
* firewalls and networking devices – Cisco, Fortigate, Juniper, HP
* Linux, Microsoft Servers, Microsoft Collaboration software (Exchange, Lync, SharePoint, etc.),
* Virtualization – Hyper-V, VMWare, Citrix
* Storage platforms – Netapp, Dell Power vault, HP SANs, Dell Compellent (nice to have: EMC/IBM)
* Ability to interpret infrastructure requirements
* Initiative and capability to identify and recommend improvements
* Qualification equivalent: MCSE, CCNP and working knowledge of ITIL methodologies, project management certification (e.g. Prince2; Six Sigma; PMBoK)
* Package dependent on experience
* Central London offices – great location!
* 22 days’ annual leave
* 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm)
* Continual professional development plans
* Free breakfast daily, Pension, healthcare, discounted gym membership (a whole array of benefits)
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.