PMO - Implementations Engineer at IT Lab, London
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
Following the completion of a significant equity investment in June 2016, our strategy is to continue to deliver significant growth, both organically and through acquisition, evolving our proposition and positioning to reach a broader target audience.
We are looking for an experienced Project Engineer to join our dynamic and fast-growing Project management office in our Manchester office.
- Working under the guidance of the Project Management Office (PMO), be responsible for the delivery, or part delivery of Infrastructure related projects as per customer requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring successful delivery, sign off and hand over to support services post project.
- Ensuring all documentation and network diagrams are accurately completed\updated\created including the maintaining of asset information and configurations
- Allocating and logging time to tasks and projects in an accurate and detailed manner
- Take ownership of allocated projects and professionally manage them through to resolution\conclusion
- Manage incidents, problems and changes through ticket management system as required
- Implement, troubleshoot, maintain and support a wide range of systems (incl. but not limited to):
o Networking : Fortigate Firewall, Draytek Routers, Sonicwall, Juniper, Cisco.
o Server hardware: Dell and HP predominantly and making use of DRAC and iLO out of bands management cards.
o Server OS: Server 2003, Server 2008 including R2, Server 2012 as well as all versions of small business server. We support some Linux server and Apple server operating systems.
o Workstation Hardware and software: We support all desktop operating systems as well as workstation hardware.
o In addition, all versions of Exchange, Mimecast spam filtering, office 365 and all virtualized infrastructure such as Hyper-V, VMware
o Citrix: Up to and including latest versions and releases
o Office 365
o Cloud technologies (Azure plus own Cloud platform)
- contribute fully as an active team member and ensure personal and team objectives are achieved
- undertake other tasks as assigned by management that may not necessarily be implementation or Project centric.
- Act as an ambassador for IT Lab at all times.
- Act as a role model and mentor to junior members of the IT Lab team.
Location and environment
This role will be based in our head office in Russell Square, London, however you will work amongst a team split across our Cape Town, Manchester and London offices. Our culture is non-hierarchical and one which stems from a work hard, but have fun environment. We like to laugh, we like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast-paced business, we endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form.
If you think you are a results oriented, positive, strategic thinker as well as tactical practitioner, then the Lab is the place for you.
Required skills and capabilities
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Extensive demonstrated experience in an Implementation Engineer Role.
- Demonstrate good implementation skills and knowledge in the following: Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Internet connectivity, LAN/WAN deployment, Unified comms, IP telephony.
- Solid experience in a relevant role
- Flexibility to work weekends and other out of hours duties as required
- Excellent trouble shooting skills (e.g AD; Servers; Workstations; databases; networking)
- Extensive knowledge and working experience within an IT environment and familiarity with common OS and platforms.
- Ability to interpret infrastructure requirements.
- Initiative and capability to identify and recommend and project management methodologies.
- Excellent Organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to interpret to listen and interpret customer needs.
- Ability to work well as part of a team whilst supporting other within the team.
- Package dependent on experience
- Office located in Russell Square - great central London location
- 22 days’ annual leave
- Pension, healthcare, discounted gym membership (a whole array of benefits)
- 37.5 hours a week during standard business hours (Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm)
- Continual professional development plans
- Excellent benefits such as free breakfasts, pre-pay day pizza, on site massage days and loads of social activities!
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.