Enterprise Application Business Development Consultant at IT Lab, Manchester
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
Following the completion of a significant equity investment in June 2016, our strategy is to continue to deliver significant growth, both organically and through acquisition, evolving our proposition and positioning to reach a broader target audience.
Initiate contact with prospects, develop relationships to explore their needs, respond with solutions our company can provide, close sales and maintain client relationships for mutual benefit.
? Internal: Reports to Sales Director
? Team: Sales Team
? External: Assigned sales prospects
Key Performance Indicators
1. Achieve assigned revenue quota.
2. Respond promptly and professionally at all times to prospects, clients and fellow team members.
3. Initiate calls into new accounts to introduce our products and services.
4. Initiate calls into existing accounts to identify issues, confirm problems are resolved, discover new revenue opportunities and close incremental sales.
5. Maintain timely and accurate database of client contact data.
Location and Environment
This role will be based in our Manchester Lowry Mill Offices. Our culture is non-hierarchical and one which stems from a work hard, but have fun environment. We like to laugh, we like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast-paced business, we endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form.
Background, Experience and Skills
Sales – General
• Respond promptly and professionally at all times to prospects, clients and fellow team members
• Maintain timely and accurate database of client contact data
• Develop and maintain a pipeline of new/additional business
• Generate an accurate weekly forecast
• Follow-up with prospects / clients to review proposed solutions, pricing, determine project start dates and obtain signed contracts
• Participate in weekly meeting, prepared to discuss current status of pending projects, proposals and challenges
• Assist with and/or present at user groups and other marketing events involving prospects / clients
• Help develop marketing strategies to generate leads and support sales
Sales – New Business
• Initiate calls into new accounts to introduce our products and services
• Thoroughly identify each prospect's current environment, needs, expectations, and priorities
• Customize demo data, product screens, reports and prospect / client communication as needed
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Business Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Consultative Selling - Qualifies potential customers; Builds rapport and establishes trust; Asks questions to discover client business needs; Applies product and market knowledge effectively; Presents solutions that meet customer objectives; Manages and documents sales processes.
• Negotiation Skills - Clarifies interests and positions of all parties; Adjusts tactics to achieve desired results; Manages conflict, manipulation, and strong emotions; Develops alternative options for mutual gain; Builds consensus through give and take. Maintain knowledge of solution pricing policies and sales initiatives.
• Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
• Presentation Skills - Tailors presentation to audience needs; Engages and focuses attention; Presents information logically and persuasively; Handles difficult questions and situations; Inspires audience to action.
• Problem Solving - Identifies problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Resolves problems in early stages; Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Sales Skills - Achieves sales goals; Overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence; Initiates new contacts; Maintains customer satisfaction; Maintains records and promptly submits information. Knowledge of standard selling disciplines, specifically Solution Selling.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively.
Skills & Qualifications
• Education - Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, accounting or related fields
• Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret accounting and financial documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of prospects and/or Clients.
• Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and general accounting mentally, using a calculator and/or on a computer.
• Reasoning Skills – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Computer Skills – Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint effectively.
• Experience – ERP or CRM software sales experience; Demonstrated understanding of structured ERP or CRM implementation methodologies
• Valued Qualifications (not required)
o Experience as part of a Microsoft Partner organization
o Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) applications
o Background in accounting, finance, business or management
Package and Logistics
• Package dependent on experience
• Spacious offices in Manchester (4 miles from the City Centre) with an onsite gym and restaurant + more!
• 22 days’ annual leave (not including bank holidays)
• Working 37.5 hours per week, between 9:00am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday
• Continual professional development plans