Talent Scout at IT Lab, London
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
Following the completion of a significant equity investment in June 2016, our strategy is to continue to deliver significant growth, both organically and through acquisition, evolving our proposition and positioning to reach a broader target audience.
With IT Lab’s continued growth, we now have a requirement for a Senior Recruiter/Talent Scout to join the team on a permanent basis working 2 days per week (Mondays and Tuesdays) out of either our London or Manchester offices.
Working in a small internal team, reporting to the Talent Manager, the Senior Recruiter will manage the full 360 recruitment cycle (including post job analysis) for a number of high level and/or confidential vacancies across the business. The ideal candidate will also act as supervisor to the Talent Scout and Talent Administrator on the two days they are in the office providing additional support on their roles and managing the offer process.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Senior level headhunting
- Attend relevant external recruitment/talent training sessions to ensure knowledge is kept up to date
- Decide on the relevant recruitment channels for each role assigned to you with a firm eye on each team’s budget
- Be the main point of contact on the days you are in for our PSL agencies in both the UK and Cape Town
- Generate recruitment plans with Hiring Managers in line with the company’s critical path guidelines and file centrally
- Create job adverts in accordance with marketing best practise guidelines for attraction optimisation
- Conduct initial telephone qualification interviews and confirm the next stages of recruitment process
- Organise interviews with Hiring Managers
- Manage the offer process for your roles and those of the team – Pull together and distribute information for the new-hire approval process ensuring we are obtaining approval from the relevant people before making an offer. Be on hand for any negotiations or follow up discussions that may need to take place.
- Search passively for talent via social media networks, CV databases, networking meetings, LinkedIn etc.
- Provide content for regular marketing activities for the Talent Pooled candidates
- Support the Team Administrator with Talent Mailbox queries and reviews of references for new starters
- Attend regular team meetings and contribute with recommendations, previous experience and on the job intelligence
- Be a point of contact for candidates from offer acceptance to start date
- Oversee the daily recruitment function and act as a point of contact for the more junior members of the team to discuss any queries.
- Via the Talent Scout and Talent Administrator ensure all job descriptions & advertising is consistent & compliant (including the qualification process and exam creation if appropriate).
- Conduct regular reviews in line with our current People and Talent processes (check all CV sharing, interview booking, reference chasing is in line with our GDPR policies)
Background, Experience and Skills
The successful candidate should have:
- At least 4 years’ experience within a combination of agency and in-house recruitment positions (full 360 process) – 12 months of this would ideally be within the IT sector
- Knowledge of employment eligibility (Knowledge of recruiting in South Africa beneficial but not essential)
- Experience of people management
- Experience of working with Applicant tracking Systems (ATS)/ Candidate Management Systems (CMS)
- Demonstrable experience of using MS packages - Word & Excel in particular
- Excellent verbal and written English language communication skills
- Proven Negotiation skills
- Flexible approach to working
- Natural leader
Package and Logistics
- Package dependent on experience
- This is a part time role over 2 days per week – Mondays and Tuesdays 9am-6pm
- This role can be based in either or London or Manchester offices
- Pension, healthcare, discounted gym membership (a whole array of benefits)
- Continual professional development plans
- Excellent benefits such as free breakfasts, pre-pay day pizza, on site massage days and loads of social activities!
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.