Senior On-site Engineer at IT Lab, Remote
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
A core part of our business is our Cape Town operations centre from which we provide 24/7 support to our predominantly UK based clients and their global operations via a 1st – 3rd line service desk, 365 days per year. This operation is planned to expand significantly in the coming years. This expansion is to not only accommodate growth in our service desk, but also an expanding remit to broaden our local service capability.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior On-site Support Engineer to join our Support Services team working at a client site in London, acting as the technical escalation point for complex support issues arising on our client sites. Relevant experience and the ability to learn quickly, communicate well at all levels, work with 100% commitment and contribute to the success of our existing team of dedicated professionals is vital.
The key deliverables of a Senior On-site Engineer are to provide technical escalation for the relevant On-site team’s technology focus, contributing to improving standards and knowledge enhancement of those within the team. This can include escalation tickets; Change requests or projects depending on the requirements of any of our customers. Manage, specify and undertake projects outside of PMO activities with small teams of On-site engineers. The senior engineer must possess excellent verbal communication skills as well as exceptional analytical and technical skills and continually look to improve on this. In addition, they need to collaborate with the entire Operations team with positive communication and sharing of knowledge and information. The On-site Support Services Engineer must can work on their own or as part of a small team representing the values and objectives of IT Lab.
Generic Duties and Responsibilities:
* Fully supporting, configuring and maintaining customer server environment
* Take ownership of escalated and/or complex tickets allocated to them or their relevant Virtual team (“VTs”) ticket queue and professionally manage them through to resolution or escalation
* Respond appropriately and deal with queries or complaints in an effective manner (i.e. punctual; polite and with empathy)
* Ask targeted questions to apply accurate troubleshooting
* Deliver clear Change management.
* Involvement in problem management to identify root cause analysis.
* Contribute fully as an active team member and ensure personal and team objectives are achieved.
* Maintain a professional relationship with clients and peers.
* Utilise excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations.
* Report potential client facing risks.
* Report customer feedback and potential product request.
* Maintain your own personal development plan with support from your manager.
* Collaborate with other teams to maintain standards and functionality.
* Troubleshoot, maintain and support a wide range of systems.
* Contribute to and improve internal knowledgebase and assets, mentoring and supporting the wider team
* Provide support and technical information to the account team
* Deliver assistance to Technical Specialists.
* Ensure Service Level Agreements (“SLAs”) are met.
* Undertake any other tasks as assigned by management.
Required skills and capabilities
The ideal candidate will have/be:
* Demonstrable previous experience providing support at a senior level in an IT environment
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience supporting or exposure to the following technologies:
- o Active Directory
- o Windows Server
- o Office 365
- o Citrix
- o Cloud
- o Microsoft
- o Productivity
- o Solution
- o VMWare
- o VOIP
- o Bitdefender
- o Egnyte
- o Exchange
- o Mimecast
- o Cisco Meraki
- o Switching – typically HP, Juniper
- o Firewalls – typically Cisco, ASA, Juniper, Palo Alto
- o Mobility Aerohive
- o WAN (MPLS, VPLS, Internet)
* Formal IT qualification, VCP, CCNA/CCNP and ideally MCSE/MCITP or multiple MCPs advantageous.
Generic essential individual attributes:
* Excellent technical ability in one or more key virtual team areas
* Very good technical understanding of current leading technologies, suppliers and industry terminology
* Able to prioritise under pressure and work to deadlines
* Excellent Decision making, judgement, planning and organisation skills
* Flexible, calm and approachable, ‘can do’ attitude
* Solid customer relations skills to understand client/client representatives concerns and requirements
* Ability to work well within team, supporting other team members
* Willingness to gain relevant qualifications and accreditation's
* Working hours will be 40 hours a week during standard business hours (Monday – Friday, rotational shifts between 7am – 7pm UK time)
* Offices and client sites located in London
* Package dependent on experience
* 22 days’ annual leave
* Opportunity to be a part of a large group of experienced Support Engineers, for you to grow and develop your skills and experience
* Continual professional development plans
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.