On-site Team Manager at IT Lab, London
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
Following the completion of a significant equity investment in June 2016, our strategy is to continue to deliver significant growth, both organically and through acquisition, evolving our proposition and positioning to reach a broader target audience.
We are now looking for an experienced Support Team Manager to join us working from our London Offices.
Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and relationship with our customer to ensure a high level of service is consistently delivered, working with the operational support, project and account management team. This role is intended to grow revenue through increased customer satisfaction, adding value in the form of expertise as well as driving service improvement initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with customer representatives as well as 3rd parties and vendors.
- Drive excellence both personally and as a leader exhibiting the highest standards of diligence in all communication with external and internal customers at all levels.
- Responsible and accountable for the management of day-to-day operations to ensure contractual commitments, quality and service levels are met.
- Provide guidance, instruction and direction to everyone in their team to achieve set KPIs and exhibit service obsession in every element of their work at IT Lab.
- Design, implement and maintain customer IT policies, processes and procedures.
- Line management of the onsite support team, setting role expectations, managing 121s/appraisals, coaching and developing them to increase motivation and productivity.
- Monitor the quantitative and qualitative outputs of the team and provide targeted development initiatives to raise performance.
- Lead by example the operational team, creating an environment orientated to trust, open communication, creative thinking and cohesive team effort.
- Contribute to planning and delivery of the overall customer IT strategy, concentrating on cost reduction and service improvement
- To coordinate team building, ensuring teamwork and overall mentorship of everyone in the team and providing an empowering environment that is a platform for people to perform at their optimum.
- Produce management reports for the customer and internal management, providing analysis, feedback and actions based on trends, root cause analysis and other reports
- Manage customer service review meetings, workshops and presentations to support collaborative issue resolution, service improvements and knowledge sharing.
- To work in conjunction with the wider team managers to ensure Service continuity across the business.
Background, Experience and Skills
The successful candidate should have:
- Minimum ITIL foundation certification
- Previous experience managing technical and operational support teams
- Previous experience of managing customer facing operational staff in highly pressurised offices
- Confident managing stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to understand contractual and service requirements
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, communicating clearly and concisely
- Proficient with data analysis reporting tools such as MS Excel
- Professional and adaptable communication style to match the customer
- Service orientated, facilitating customer feedback and concerns to drive service improvement initiatives
- Positive and proactive approach at every level and under pressure
Package and Logistics
- Package dependent on experience
- Role based in Central London - Russel Square
- 22 days’ annual leave
- Pension, healthcare, discounted gym membership (a whole array of benefits)
- 40 hours a week during standard business hours (Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm)
- Continual professional development plans
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavor to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.