IT Service Manager at IT Lab, London
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
Following the completion of a significant equity investment in June 2016, our strategy is to continue to deliver significant growth, both organically and through acquisition, evolving our proposition and positioning to reach a broader target audience.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced IT Service Manager in London, who will be based on site with one of our VIP Clients.
Reporting to the Head of Service Delivery, the IT Service Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and relationship with our customer to ensure a high level of service is consistently delivered, working with the operational support and project and account management team. This role is intended to grow revenue through increased customer satisfaction, adding value in the form of expertise as well as driving service improvement initiatives
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with customer representatives as well as 3rd parties and vendors
- Responsible and accountable for the management of day-to-day operations to ensure contractual commitments and service levels are met
- Design, implement and maintain customer IT policies, processes and procedures
- Line management of the onsite support team, setting role expectations, managing 121s/appraisals, coaching and developing them to increase motivation and productivity
- Lead by example the operational team, creating an environment orientated to trust, open communication, creative thinking and cohesive team effort
- Contribute to planning and delivery of the overall customer IT strategy, concentrating on cost reduction and service improvement
- Produce management reports for the customer and internal management, providing analysis, feedback and actions based on trends, root cause analysis and other reports
- Manage customer service review meetings, workshops and presentations to support collaborative issue resolution, service improvements and knowledge sharing
Location and environment
This role will be predominantly based at one of our VIP client sites in Central London, however, you will be working as part of a team split across our London and Manchester offices.
Our culture is non-hierarchical and one which stems from a work hard, but have fun environment. We like to laugh, we like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast-paced business, we endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form. We’re proud of our employee engagement and have successfully been listed in the Sunday Times “Best Companies to Work for” for six years and with our group companies, 11 of the last 13 years.
We’re also pleased with our number 80 ranking in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 which tracks the fastest growing technology companies in the UK.
If you think you are a results-oriented, positive, strategic thinker as well as tactical practitioner, then the Lab is the place for you.
Background, Experience and Skills
This role would be ideal for an ambitious and experienced Service Delivery professional within the technology services sector.
The successful candidate should have:
- Previous experience in a similar role (IT Service Manager, Service Delivery Manager, IT Manager)
- Minimum ITIL foundation certification
- Previous experience managing technical and operational support teams
- Previous experience of managing customer facing operational staff in highly pressurised offices
- Confident managing stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to understand contractual and service requirements
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, communicating clearly and concisely
- Proficient with data analysis reporting tools such as MS Excel
- Professional and adaptable communication style to match the customer
- Customer service orientated, facilitating customer feedback and concerns to drive service improvement initiatives
- Positive and proactive approach at every level and under pressure
Package and Logistics
- Package dependent on experience
- Role predominantly based on one of our client sites in Central London
- 22 days’ annual leave
- Pension, healthcare, discounted gym membership (a whole array of benefits)
- 40 hours a week during standard business hours (Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm)
- Continual professional development plans
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.