Senior Technical Architect at IT Lab, London
IT Lab is a leading technology and managed services provider in the UK, ranked within the top five European and top 50 global managed services suppliers and operates out of offices in London, Manchester and Cape Town and, via its global partners, in 13 countries across the world. The award-winning company provides a range of services including 24/7 support, cloud services, ERP software implementation, technology transformation and change projects, strategic consulting and analytics.
We are a dynamic and fast-growing company that truly values and is reliant upon our people, our culture and our commitment to excellence we call Service Obsession. Being the best means having the best people, and getting the best people means being the best place to work.
Following the completion of a significant equity investment in June 2016, our strategy is to continue to deliver significant growth, both organically and through acquisition, evolving our proposition and positioning to reach a broader target audience.
The Technology Consulting Team (TCS) provides technical and strategic guidance to both internal and external clients. This role is to provide Technical Account Management resource to IT Lab’s fully managed clients. As a member of the team, you would be expected to deliver technical and strategic advice to a small number of fully managed clients via a mixture of on-site and internal meetings with the Service Delivery Manager and Account Manager. You will also be responsible for the production and quarterly updating of a client’s technical roadmaps. As well as your full-service clients, you will be expected to work with the more general account management team on technical requirements that other clients may have - this will be on an as-needed basis. You will be expected to develop High-Level Designs that follow best practice, meet the client’s requirements, and that also fit within the IT Lab product portfolio. Once created you will work with the Project Management function to ensure that any projects that are delivered follow the HLD that you have created.
During your engagements with clients, it is expected that you will uncover new technologies or gaps within the current portfolio that are required to meet a business requirement. As and when this occurs it is expected that you will research the technology and be able to provide a detailed analysis of a proposed solution, that can be discussed with the head of TCS. Via the Product and strategy board these requirements will undertake detailed analysis and if approved it is expected that you will work to develop a solution as part of the IT Lab technology onboarding strategy that will involve setting high-level implementation standards and training of other teams within IT Lab.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To instill the true values of IT Lab and actively promote the “Service Obsession” culture
- Continually demonstrating approachability, pragmatism and working to maintain strong diplomatic relations
- Developing, refining and introducing robust processes which facilitate high quality, safe and effective engagements for the delivery of technology related projects
- To demonstrate the policies, procedures and general code of conduct at IT Lab
- To drive continuous service improvement across the team and deeper into the organisation
- Proactive and reactive involvement in issue resolution to drive the right outcomes
- Input into pre-sale or post-sale project kick-off meetings where appropriate
- Escalation point for clients relating to projects and internal resources
- Skunkworks/R&D Projects & Business Case
- Deployment Standards (Secure by Design)
- Internal Team Product Education
- High-Level Design Documentation
- Client Technology Roadmaps
- An ambassador for our industry and our role within it
Location and environment
This role will be based in Russel Square in London; however, you will work amongst a team split across our Manchester and London offices.
Our culture is non-hierarchical and one which stems from a work hard, but have fun environment. We like to laugh, we like to do things together and among all the challenges of growing a fast-paced business, we endorse people being themselves, allowing them to focus on outcomes and substance rather than form. W
If you think you are a results oriented, positive, strategic thinker as well as tactical practitioner, then the Lab is the place for you.
Background, Experience and Skills
This role would be ideal for an ambitious and experienced Technical Architect within the IT Managed Services sector who is seeking a new and exciting challenge within a forward-leaning technology company and is willing to participate in an exciting journey.
The successful candidate should have/be:
- Excellent understanding of IT industry terminology and the IT Lab products and services catalogue
- Demonstrable previous experience working in the IT service management industry
- Experience working to deadlines in an occasionally pressured environment
- Highly articulate, professional communicator both verbally and written with a client centric focus
- Ability to construct and deliver high quality presentations in person, and via remote meetings
- Ability to construct and deliver high quality electronic communication
- Intermediate to advanced skill level with Microsoft Office, key line of business applications such as ServiceNow and reporting packages
- Continually demonstrating effective commercial judgement
- Natural problem-solving skills
- Confidence in front of clients including strategy meetings, service review meetings, project meetings.
- An innovator, able to identify key industry trends and contribute to ensuring our product offering remains industry leading.
- An ability to embrace and manage change in a dynamic and fast-growing organisation.
Package and Logistics
- Package dependent on experience
- Office located in Russel Square - great central London location
- 22 days’ annual leave
- Pension, healthcare, discounted gym membership (a whole array of benefits)
- 40 hours a week during standard business hours (Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm)
- Continual professional development plans
- Excellent benefits such as free breakfasts, pre-pay day pizza, on site massage days and loads of social activities!
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.