Business Analyst at IT Lab, London
At IT Lab, we help customers to navigate the changing world of technology to derive real business value; we integrate solutions together, from public to private cloud, business systems to security services to deliver this technology and value; and we operate these holistic services through our user-focused support and continuously improving Service Delivery functions.
Navigation is where this journey starts for our customers, and it is our Business Performance Strategy Consulting team that leads the way: we engage with customers who are at a point of change in their business or who recognise the need to regularly question how technology services are empowering their staff and business. We develop IT strategies for customers, based on user and business need. We help customers to refine their operating model and team structures to best position their organisation to identify and deliver the required change, and we use insights from our experience with technology, data and business process to guide customers through the journey and work closely with our colleagues at IT Lab colleagues to integrate and operate the optimal set of services.
The Business Performance team has grown quickly over the past couple of years, achieving more than double the planned budget of delivered work last financial year, and with an ambition to double this again. We are looking for experienced and ambitious consultants to join the team and help to drive this growth and become a valuable member of the team.
IT Lab is a successful, ambitious and rapidly growing organisation: backed by ECI Partners in 2016, we are funded for organic and acquisitive growth and the Business Performance team is an important strategic part of this growth. We deliver a valuable set of strategic and innovative technology consulting services that are highly relevant to IT Lab’s customers and which complement the other services that the firm offers.
We are looking to hire a Consultant Business Analyst as a junior member of the team to work closely with the rest of the team to deliver IT strategy projects to customers and develop the set of services that we offer. It is expected that the candidate will either have some experience of technology consulting, Business Analysis activities and project management. There will be opportunity to develop skills in these areas and to work towards industry standard accreditations such as AgileBA or various certifications within the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), Project Management qualifications and accreditations in relevant frameworks such as ITIL. This is a great opportunity to build on your experience so far and to learn and develop skills and experience as a management consultant with a focus on technology and strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for:
- Performing the Consultant role on projects with clients, including process and data mapping, performing audit projects and developing client technology strategies in-line with our methodologies
- Organising and facilitating client workshops
- Mapping business processes
- Eliciting and documenting requirements
- Performing project management activities on client projects
- Delivering training sessions and managing the impact of change for users within clients
- Delivering smaller client engagements on your own and working as part of a team on larger engagements
- Performing research to support IT Lab capability development and client deliverables
- Developing an area of expertise within the consulting function at IT Lab
- Performing internal administrative tasks to support the team.
Background, Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong and demonstrable problem-solving experience and skills
- A good grounding in technology management consulting
- A good understanding of Microsoft cloud solutions and other technologies relevant to the IT Lab client base.
- A naturally analytical approach. Knowledge of formal methodologies and accreditations would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong and demonstrable empathy with customers and their challenges
- Good relationship management skills
- Good conflict and issue resolution experience with a strong diplomatic ability
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to create original intellectual capital
- A willingness to learn with strong career aspirations
- Flexibility to travel and work at client sites
- Strong academic qualifications or demonstrable additional commercial success in lieu of this.
Package and Logistics
- Competitive package (dependent on experience)
- Office located in Russell Square - great central London location (offices also in Swinton, Manchester)
- 23.5 days’ annual leave
- Pension, healthcare, discounted gym membership (a whole array of benefits)
- 40 hours a week during standard business hours (Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm)
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
IT Lab is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent.